Sunday 30 March 2014

I'm sorry, poor man..

I'm sorry, poor man..

I'm feeling a bit guilty and sorry.
This guy on the road, he was a beggar
And he did ask for money
And he said," it's ugadi, please do give me some money." And I just walked away
With a thought of actually giving something.
I did not give him anything.
But, now that his words are continually echoing in my mind,
In the selfsame tune and words,
I feel sorry.
I feel guilty.
I feel bad.
It is a festival,
As is a new year for the people who follow the local calender.
Everyone deserves something extra when its a festival.
Something nice.
As is custom to actually give something during a festival.
But I just walked away.
Now that I think about it, I feel like I should've given him something atleast.
He was old-looking,
Not so old and yet not so young.
Somewhere in between.
It was a regretful thing.
But as a friend said, "repentance is a phantom that comes too late."
I am feeling guilty.
I could've given something.

I'm sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment