Friday 9 May 2014

It's More Than Six

It's More Than Six 

The 'Six degrees of separation' doesn't apply;
The separation is of a greater degree,
Say 666 degrees.
Yes, this could be the Tempter's doing.
I'll blame it on whoever I can ,for
Its too large a blame for me to carry, and
Too hurtful for me to admit.

Six steps are no longer small,
They're all lightyears long.
I'm reluctant,
To start the journey;
I don't want trouble
But again,
The distance is just too much.

Photos are divine things, for
They hold you; 
Mirrors along this path
Reflecting your image, 
A mere mirage,
An image that can't describe You,
Someone much more than a physical form.

But, if the quickest way to reach you is a Mirage,
 I will go no more.
I'll settle for this image of yours.
If our hands are not meant to 
Melt into each others',
I'll place my hand on this unreal
Hand of yours, just to see them overlap,
Just to see a form of connection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment