Saturday 10 May 2014

You Pure and Perfect Thing!

You Pure and Perfect Thing!

I see you sitting there,
Hair all golden and flowing around you.
So quietly you look outside the window;
As if the world is a silent movie,
Playing like it always does, perpetually.

I hope I'd meet you someday;
Hold those fair hands and play with you.

I want to look into those eyes of yours,
Deep enough to harbour a universe.
I want to look into everything 
You store in that universe.

I want to hold your head and
Swing it from side to side and
Move mine alone with it.

I want to look into your heart,
Filled with love and affection,
Pure and
Void of all malice.

And finally, when I do meet you,
I hope you come barking and
Hold me in a tight embrace,
Paws around my waist,
Your tail wagging  with haste.

I hope you jump around me, 
Onto me,
Like I'm your only friend,
Cookie,
You pure and perfect thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment